Even in this era of online marketing methods, cold calling remains a powerful tool for B2B lead generation companies to reach out to prospective buyers and create good opportunities. The post discusses some effective ways for making cold calling a better tool and more result oriented.
B2B lead generation companies like The Global Associates must deal with objections, overcome resistance and clarify expectations of the prospective customers as a daily routine in their effort to Generate qualified Leads regularly in the year 2023, and beyond. These objections could often be quite unpleasant, and customers’ responses are pretty cold. Yet experienced B2B lead generation companies know perfectly well that they must find a way out to constantly generate quality opportunities in good numbers.
Converting rejections into golden opportunities:
The key lies in knowing how to convert rejections into opportunities and how to keep alive seemingly dead leads. This would of course help you remain ahead of the competition. The starting point for grabbing a deal and developing sustainable business relationships is invariably a meaningful conversation between a prospect and your sales rep. So, mastering the art of cold calling thus becomes vital for lead generation companies even in this age of the popularity of online marketing methods.
Cold calling: some pros and cons
Cold calling is an age-old technique where your sales rep calls an individual (a prospective customer). The objective is to share their sales pitch, informing the prospect about the offering of the company, and their comparative advantages over their competitors. People often think cold calling hasn’t remained relevant for B2B lead generation companies in this age of social media and online marketing techniques. However, that’s not true. Before discussing how to make this tool more effective and result-oriented in today’s changed business environment, let’s first have a look at some prominent pros and cons of this technique, loved and hated at the same time by everyone.
Main advantages of using cold calling:
- Cold calling is a wonderful tool for reaching out to new customers. In so many cases, an individual is not proactively looking for the products or services you offer, they are unlikely to come across your website. Cold calling allows you to go out and find them by identifying people who fit your typical customer profile. This opens up a channel for further conversations and negotiations.
- Cold calling offers lead generation companies a good opportunity to master their sales pitch. It’s a great training tool, especially for your new sales representatives. They can keep calling customers and keep honing their skills and refining the sales pitch. These conversations will also provide real-time feedback that you can use to adjust your sales pitch for the better.
- Cold calling allows you to gain important information from the recipient of the call. In addition, this allows for developing a human connection in the organization that could help you in the future. People are more willing to share ideas and information when in direct contact through a phone call. They usually do not makeup responses, so you get genuine information and responses.
Disadvantages of cold calling:
- Not everything is rosy about cold calling of course. You are interrupting the decision maker often during their important work hours. Many people do not enjoy unexpected, unsolicited calls, it can be very annoying. Your calls may often be redirected to voice mails or rejected outright.
- It’s a fact that the success rate of cold calling is pretty low. Your sales reps must always be on their toes just by dialing numbers. This is a reason why cold calling is disliked by salespersons and prospects in equal amounts.
3 Ways to Master Cold Calling for B2B Lead Generation Companies:
The Following 3 ways for making your cold calling adapt to the new-age realities and giving improved results.
1. Make every call count
Cold calling is a difficult art, you must learn to make use of every single call to make your B2B lead generation effort more successful. In the first place, have a solid contacts list so you always reach the desired decision-maker. In addition, try to gain the most out of every call even if the person at the other end of the phone line is not the intended person. You should not lose this opportunity by hanging up too soon. Request them for a referral, some useful information about the organization, the contact of the right person, and so on., You must make the call count.
2. Try to keep the call going
Make sure that your call doesn’t get terminated too soon. If you succeed in keeping it going a bit longer, it will give you time to convince the prospect to try your product/ service. Don’t give up even when it’s clear that the prospect is already engaging some other agency. You will get an idea if they are satisfied with their present vendor, and get a clue for the future if you keep the call going a little longer. You can then try giving them a better offer.
3. Learn to move on
Even if the person at the other end seems uninterested, do not lose heart too soon. Try a different approach, failing which try to gather as much useful information as possible. Always keep an eye on any opportunities you might get in the future. However, if you feel engaging with them wastes time, move on to more promising leads.
About The Global Associates (TGA):
The Global Associates offers expert, affordable B2B lead generation and B2B demand generation solutions. You can ensure increased productivity of your sales team and sustainable revenue generation working with us. Our team of experienced sales and marketing professionals uses a strategic 360º approach that relies on Account Based Marketing (ABM). The Global Associates arms you with the right strategy, technology, and operations to engage well with your target audience! We offer specialized services like automated Drip Emails, scalable and technologically advanced platforms for marketing automation, direct Email marketing, hyper-personalized Emails to maximize impact, LinkedIn outreach, and conversational marketing.
B2B lead generation companies must master the art of cold calling to make their lead generation effort more effective and successful. Follow tips like making every call count, keeping your calls going a bit longer, and not taking failure to your heart; your results will improve.